CREST Youth Panel
The CREST Youth Panel is a select group of CREST Award holders (aged 13-19) who meet twice a year at large science events across the UK to reflect and input into the CREST scheme's projects and those of our partners.
"I just want to thank you for all the opportunities given by crest awards and also to let you know that I have had a great time participating in the youth panel too" CREST Youth Panel member 2011
If you are interested in becoming a member (you must have completed a CREST Award and be between 13 and 18 years old and still at school/college)there are just 3 simple steps
- Read the participant information about what the youth panel is and how often we meet
- If you (with your parents/teachers permission) are happy to take part, download the nomination form, fill it in and send it off
- Wait to hear if your application has been successful (we aim to get back to people as soon as we can)
Chosen students who are active on the panel are given the following benefits during their time:
- The title of CREST Youth Advisor
- A formal letter of thanks from the Associations Chief Executive, Sir Roland Jackson at the end of the year
- A certificate
- The opportunity to attend The Big Bang Fair and the British Science Festival.
- The chance to attend influential CREST meetings and address stakeholders.
- Automatically become a member of the CREST Alumni Network
- Automatically become a member of the British Science Association
Students are also provided with an environment in which they can meet and speak freely about STEM experiences and opportunities and learn new ways to discuss and review thoughts, facilitated by British Science Association staff and influential partners.
The British Science Association is committed to involving young people in decisions that affect them, where reasonably possible. The Department for Education funded CREST Expansion Project is enabling us to do this in a significant way by running The Panel.
Current CREST Youth Panel Members (2012/13):