22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
- The Newcastle Hospitals Comprehensive 7 day stroke CLOTBUSTING team is currently not available anywhere else in the UK outside of 1 unit in London
- Inequality of service access is an issue
- Newcastle University is leading in Europe in this area of stroke research
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Within our ageing population stroke is one of the biggest health challenges facing society but in many cases it is potentially treatable or preventable. 1 in 4 men and 1 in 5 women will suffer a stroke with potentially devastating consequences for them and their families. So providing the best possible treatment but also making sure that is available for all is a key health initiative.
VENUE: Our "Medi Cinema" within the Royal Victoria Infirmary is a great resource and is close by 3 capacious lifts to take people on the tour - this is all on one level arising off one corridor.
Most people relish the opportunity of behind the scenes access and hopefully also the opportunity to see and handle some of the equipment used treatment and training in 21st Century Stroke Care