Connecting Classrooms with the British Council
The British Council and the British Science Association are working in partnership to enrich science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) activities in the classroom in the UK and abroad through CREST Awards and Connecting Classrooms.
Connecting Classrooms supports schools and colleges with:
- developing global citizenship and skills for a global economy
- the professional development of teachers in the UK
The British Council in Bangladesh currently has a round 30 schools who are looking for a UK partner to share science learning. To find out more visit the Schools Online website or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme offers schools the opportunity to:
- Partner with a school overseas to connect young people with peers across the world through international school partnerships for shared learning.
- Provide a real life global context for the STEM curriculum and help students understand how environmental issues affect different countries.
- Share teaching experience and best practice with fellow teachers around the world.
- Receive a £1500 grant to visit your partner school overseas and see how they teach STEM subjects.
There are also a wealth of professional development opportunities through Connecting Classrooms' online courses and CPD workshops. Schools also have the opportunity to gain free accreditation for an International School Award. Teachers who evidence working together with their partner school are eligible to apply for a grant of £1500 to visit a partner school overseas.