Discovery and Bronze Award link schemes
Below is a full list of all link schemes and activities accredited by the CREST Awards scheme at Discovery and Bronze Award levels:
- IET Faraday Challenge Days: Giving students the opportunity to research, design and make prototype solutions to genuinely tough engineering problems
- London Transport Museum Inspire Engineering Days: Take part in the 'Breaking Eggsperiment' and meet practicing ‘Engineering Ambassadors’.
- STEMettes Hackathon days: "I came with an idea and left with an app!' These jam-packed days enable girls to learn to code to either solve a problem or make an app
- Practical Action - Beat the Flood: Practical Action resources that could be used as a basis for a Discovery day.
- Practical Action - Squashed Tomatoes: Free resources - rise to the challenge transporting tomatoes
- National Science + Engineering Week, Community Garden Challenge: Written resource and accompanying videos forms a step-by-step guide to make running the Community garden challenge day easy and straightforward.
- Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland Technology Tournament: Teams of four are invited to apply to compete in a full day out of school event to devise and build a solution to an unseen technical task.
Gen Y Rail Engaging events promoting the wide and diverse range of career opportunities available in the UK Rail Industry.
- CITB Construction Skills Sustainable Communities Challenge: Students visit a site and design a 'sustainable community' of 10 houses
- The Smallpeice Trust's Engineering Experience courses: Residential opportunities at universities
- Science Museum Club Box Kits: Crime Lab and Mission to Mars themed resources
- Jaguar Cars Maths in Motion Challenge for Schools: Race a virtual Grand Prix car
- STEM Challenges: These Olympics-inspired resources have been revamped to remain relevant post-2012
- OPAL surveys for schools: Air, water and biodiversity surveys that can be adapted for CREST
- NSEW Challenge Packs: Activities and ideas from the March week celebrating science and technology
- WISE Work Experience RAF: Engineering week courses for girls
- RAEng Engineering Engagement Project resources: Free support to run engineering activities in schools
- The Wellcome Trust - In the Zone: Sporting activity kits sent to schools in 2012
- Scientists in Sports - Bronze: Free activity packs supported by GSK tailored to fit CREST
- Practical Action - Global CREST Challenges: On the topics of water, food, shelter, transport and energy
- NPL Water Rocket Challenge: The skies the limit with this annual event
- Talent 2030: is a competition aimed at getting girls into engineering
- Connecting Classrooms with the British Council: Free resources for Bronze and CREST Star (Megastar) and the chance to link to a school in Bangladesh