Demo Day 2014
For National Science & Engineering Week 2014 we generated a wave of inspiring science demonstrations in UK secondary schools with the first national Demo Day on 20 March 2014. See the pledge map of teachers and technicians who participated!
Below are resources that were created for Demo Day that can still be used by teachers and technicians!
Demo: The Movie
Demo: The Movie is a 30-minute film that follows science teacher Alom Shaha as he goes on a journey to explore the use of demonstrations in science teaching. The film tells an interesting story and aims to encourage secondary science teachers to think about how and why they use demonstrations in their teaching.
Below is the accompanying teacher notes:
Free demo videos & written guides
As part of NSEW 2013, teachers and technicians nominated their favourite video demonstrations, and our judges chose the best six to be turned into video guides with accompanying written guides. Your favourite demonstrations are now high-quality video guides available here!
Here are the accompanying written guides for the video demonstrations:
Additional existing online video resources for great practical demonstration ideas
- Practical biology, a partnership between the Society of Biology and the Nuffield Foundation
- Practical physics, a partnership between the Institute of Physics and the Nuffield Foundation
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- RI channel
- National STEM Centre e-library
- The Association for Science Education (ASE)
- The Institution of Chemical Engineers WhyNotChemEng
If you have questions or comments, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes sponsored by: