Get set demonstrate
Calling all science teachers and technicians…share videos of great demo ideas at YouTube.com/GetSetDemo!
We want to generate a wave of inspiring science practical demonstrations in UK secondary schools. As part of National Science & Engineering Week 2013 we have collected nominations of the best practical demonstrations from teachers and technicians from across the UK so we can use them to make new free resources.
Check out the Get set nominations playlist....
While the competition is now closed we encourage anyone with an interest to continue sharing ideas of practical demos...
Visit http://www.youtube.com/GetSetDemo to..
- See our demo of the day
- Look for ideas for practical demonstrations for your own class
- Subscribe to the channel so you are updated when new videos or comments are added
- Add your comments about the demonstrations - have you tried of them yourself? How could they be made better or safer?
Got a demo you want to share but it is not on YouTube?
Email us a description of the demo or if there is a video somewhere else online simply email us the link and we will find a way of sharing it with the community.
What will happen to the demonstrations that were nominated in the competition?
The demonstrations nominated on or before 1st April 2013 will be judged by our expert panel and the very best will be made into brand new video resources for teachers and technicians. These will be launched later this year so watch this space!
Who will judge?
The Get set judging panel is made up of a range of different experts. In addition to subject specialists from our partners, the Institute of Physics, the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Society of Biology we are pleased to be involving experienced teachers and technicians, science presenters and demonstration experts, as well as representatives from The Science Museum, The Association for Science Education (ASE) and the National STEM Centre as judges. They will be selecting the best demonstrations to make into high-quality new resources for biology, physics and chemistry.
Existing online video resources for great practical demonstration ideas
- Practical Physics, a partnership between the Institute of Physics and the Nuffield Foundation
- Practical biology, a partnership between the Society of Biology and the Nuffield Foundation
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- RI channel
- National STEM centre e-library
Get set demonstrate has been funded by The Gatsby Charitable Foundation.