22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
1) Pain is more common with increasing age (estimates suggest 62% of people over 75).
2) Pain is often under-recognised and under-treated.
3) Successful pain management in older people requires a broad strategy that may include medication but must include the patient.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
The information provided will be at the level given to people attending pain management programmes. No prior knowledge of neurology is assumed. The material will be suitable for older children (approx. 12+). It should be of particular interest to: older people; anyone caring for an older person (paid or unpaid); people anticipating a career in health and social care.
Clinicians from the Newcastle NHS pain management programme have expressed an interest in principle in being part of the Q&A panel for the event. They are unable to confirm until a date and time have been allocated. Their participation would add value, but is not essential for the event to go ahead.