National Science & Engineering Week for Branches
National Science & Engineering Week (NSEW) is a ten-day national programme of science, technology, engineering and maths events and activities across the UK aimed at people of all ages.
NSEW takes place from 14 – 23 March 2014.
Ideas and inspiration
There are lots of different ways your branch can take part in NSEW, from organising a talk or lecture, to doing some fun hands-on science demonstrations. Here are a few sources of inspiration that you can use…
- Talk to branch volunteers from across the UK on our Facebook group – A great source of collective knowledge!
- Talk to your Regional Officer to see what else is going on in your area
- Check out our activity packs and quizzes that are full of fun activity ideas covering a range of topics
- For theme ideas, have a look in the news and online for the latest and most popular science stories
Take a look at our case studies page for examples of past events
Funding for your event
If you have an activity in mind, why not chat to your Regional Officer? ROs can help find relevant funding opportunities.
There is also a wealth of fundraising guidance in our branches fundraising toolkit, available to download from the forms and toolkits page.
Got your event idea sorted? Once you know the details, follow these steps to make the most of taking part in NSEW…
- Register your event online to be included in our online programme and event map
- Order your free marketing pack when you register online, full of branded posters, stickers and flyers
- Nominate your event in our Event Awards to be in with a chance of winning cash prizes for your branch
- Promote your event using handy tips from our how to guides
Finallly, your Regional Officer is there to help and support your branch, so if you have any questions or need advice please don't hesitate to get in touch!