NSEW Event Awards
And the 2014 winners are…
During National Science & Engineering Week the team judged events across the country. We attended brilliant events and are pleased to announce the winners of the NSEW 2014 Event Awards.
Best Primary School Event
Winner: Simmondley Primary School
Runner-up: Exeter Road Primary School
Best Secondary School Event
Winner: St John’s Marlborough
Runner-up: Balfron High School
Best STEM Institution Event
Winner: University of Southampton
Runner-up: St Mary’s University
Best Community Event
Winner: Community Perspectives
Runner-up: Bay Tree Community Café Project
Best Engineering-themed Event
Winner: My Future, My Choice
Runner-up: Pendeen Community Heritage
All winners won £600 and all runner-ups won £200 for running future NSEW activities and events.
Supported by Engineering UK, the NSEW Event Awards aim to reward the passion of event and activity organisers and showcase the very best in public engagement during NSEW.
Read the 2014 Event Award winners case studies
Find more case studies here
Thinking about next year's events?
If you are already thinking about next year's activities and have a quirky, original or innovative event planned for National Science & Engineering Week 2015, then consider nominating yourself for an NSEW Event Award! Any organisation can self-nominate for an award, whether you are a school running a day of activities or a theatre launching a new production - as long as it takes place during National Science & Engineering Week (13-22 March 2015).
- Best primary school event: for events or activities organised by primary schools.
- Best secondary school event: for events or activities organised by secondary schools.
- Best STEM institution event: For events by those organisations (non schools) participating in STEM engagement on a regular basis.
- Best community event: For events and activities that include the local community and/or family audiences.
- Best engineering-themed event: For events and activities that are predominantly engineering themed - this includes designing, building, testing.