Bohunt School STEM festival
Bohunt School is organising a fantastic, interactive day featuring shows, workshops and hands-on displays for primary pupils, secondary students, parents and the local community. The aim is to celebrate National Science & Engineering Week, launch ‘STEM’ as a concept within our school and excite people about the subjects that it incorporates. We have already booked the Science Museum to deliver shows and stands on the day and are currently in talks with INTECH, Audi, R.E.M.E, Young Engineers and Formula 1 racing.It will also enable students to appreciate that these skills are transferable and that areas such as engineering require a multidisciplinary approach.
- Theme of invention and innovation ties in with National Science and Engineering Week, which runs from 15th – 24th March 2013
- The aim is to change the image of science and engineering amongst young people and inspire them to be the inventors of tomorrow (engineering it is the 3rd most highly paid profession, after law and medicine)
- Hands on shows, talks and stands from the Science Museum and Bletchley Park (home of WWII code breakers), plus more being confirmed every day
- Displays from local students and children from surrounding primary schools, who are competing for best invention
- There will be a big visual installation, the ‘invention tree’ for students to hang their ideas off