17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The event could run from a minimum of a few hours to all day, even taking place on multiple days if desired.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
The event will introduce the concept of biodiversity using examples from the invertebrate world. Using live specimens and interactive tools (e.g. desktop/usb digital microscopes), the event will also introduce the concept of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ biodiversity (e.g. invertebrates that benefit us by providing important ‘ecosystem services’ such as pollination and waste disposal vs those that are detrimental to us, i.e. pests). Finally, the event will also cover how we can use ‘good’ biodiversity in the fight against ‘bad’, for example by pitching predatory mites against pests or developing novel pesticides from plants and fungi.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: