Before and after the main 'Ocean of Life' event.
17. What will the format of your event be?:
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
It needs to be immediately outside the "Ocean of Life" event, please. I thought the Curtis Auditorium would be ideal for this because it's a large lecture theatre and has got some space outside it. The exhibition could be open in time for the audience to see it before the event starts, in the coffee break and as they leave.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Hands-on exhibits tell of the amazing biodiversity in our local North Sea and beyond. Photographs going back through the twentieth century reveal the unfolding story of how our oceans have changed. See how scientific knowledge is guiding us to take the most effective measures. Strength in diversity: Meet people from various backgrounds who are "making waves" and making a real difference in ocean conservation, using diverse approaches from education and scientific data collection to direct action, and be inspired!
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
The display will include hands-on exhibits from local whale and dolphin conservation charity 'Orca' and other local organisations.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
The main "Ocean of Life event will attract press coverage and this will support that event. It will also provide journalists with the opportunity to informally question the event participants who will include scientists and people working with conservation groups locally and further afield.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We have several conservation groups who have expressed an interest in taking part. The event will be vibrant and inspiring. Lizzie Burns art work from school workshops will be on display. I'd like to serve coffee at this exhibition. It would be ideal - best use of people's time as we wouldn't loose the audience during the break going to buy coffee.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Biological Sciences section
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
29 Crown Drive
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013
Sunday 8 September 2013