Innovations in marine research: How the role of marine data collection is changing as a response to human impacts and climate
19. How many people are you expecting to attend?:
9. Type of event / activity (tick all that apply):
18. Who is the intended audience?:
Sixth form students
6. Event/activity description (max 300 words):
A one day programme with a one hour introduction in school prior to the students and parents attending the course at Orielton Field Centre.
• to provide the opportunity for students from Milford Haven School, Pembrokeshire, to experience some of the innovative ways in which scientists are collecting data in Wales to aid our understanding of the affect of human impacts and climate change on coastal marine species.
• to equip the attendees with the necessary skill set to carry-out a survey transect on a rocky shore
• to illustrate how the discovery of key environmental indicator species across the globe is influencing our interpretation of climate change and the effects of human impacts on marine and coastal habitats.