17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Talks by our experts followed by a 30 min panel that gives the audience ample opportunity to ask questions and interact with the experts.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
AV / data projector
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
It is a century since Bruno Pontecorvo was born; the first to suggest neutrinos could oscillate between different “flavours”. This provided a solution to what was known as the “solar neutrino problem”, in which the number of neutrinos detected from the sun was much lower than predicted. This session will explore the story of how neutrino oscillations were discovered. We will also look at the modern field of neutrino physics and what this has taught us about the standard model and the origins of neutrino mass.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Uni of York / Physics and Astronomy section
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
3. Event Manager Surname: