Part of family weekend at Northumbria - drop in at Sport Central?
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Static: There will be a little exhibition on the table, explaining the dynamics of the pollination of wild flowers by insects. Interactive: there will be two microscopes (dissecting and light microscope); visitors can analyse mounted insects under the dissecting microscope, wash some pollen off and analyse this under the light microscope This will take app. 10-15 minutes per person.
Sport Central - Northumbria University
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Every summer, Himalayan Balsam paints our riversides pink with its multitude of large, bright flowers. Himalayan Balsam is a newcomer that was introduced in the 1830s from India. Our native insects love this plant, and frequently visit its flowers to collect nectar. But does this mean that our native plants are left without pollinators? Come and find out!
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013