17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The event will run for two hours and will comprise of a talks from British Divers Marine Life Rescue followed by rockpooling and an animal ID session. Rockpooling involves being outdoors and on rocks so sturdy comfy shoes and warm waterproof clothes are advised. The talk is up a flight of stairs.
St Marys lighthouse
20. Venue requirements:
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
St. Mary’s island is a unique and diverse habitat created by the changing environmental conditions resulting from being constantly covered and uncovered by the tide. The event will promote the biodiversity of this area and provide an opportunity to learn more about the fascinating adaptations to these stressful conditions that the wild life found in and around the rock pools have developed. There will also be focus on how human activity can have an impact on the organisms that live in this area and how by their actions visitors can help minimise any disruption and conserve this fascinating and beneficial ecosystem for future generations.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
St. Mary’s Island and lighthouse is a treasured and iconic local landmark.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Seals are a big attraction of public attention and the event will deliver educational information regarding them as well as providing advice regarding the risks of approaching them both to people and the seals. St. Mary’s Island is a popular tourist attraction and a number of past events have been covered by the press.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
St Mary's Lighthouse and BDMLR
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
St Marys Lighthouse
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
St Mary’s Island
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
0191 200 8650
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013