17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
We will be demoing some of our technologies, likely as part of an intro/explanation of our tech. Then they can run as we continue the event, and we can go back to them later in the session.
20. Venue requirements:
For the demos, we'll need a power source and a table or two. I believe a city centre event is more likely to attract the general public audience we are looking for.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
In the heart of Newcastle, QuantuMDx Group is developing a "Star Trek tricorder" like device that will rapidly and cheaply diagnose infections, cancer and even tell doctors what drug to prescribe - all in under 15 minutes at the patient's side. This has far-reaching benefits which will help address global humanitarian health challenges such as HIV & TB, and ensure you get the right diagnosis and the right medicine, every time. Meet our team, see demos of our rapid technologies and join the excitement that has got the world of biotech calling QuantuMDx the next big thing!
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
QuantuMDx is a rapidly expanding multi-national company with pan-global collaborations across every continent and with some of the top global institutions. We have made the conscious decision to base ourselves in Newcastle, and have recruited heavily from the area. Elaine Warburton, CEO, says: “Aside from being a great City with such friendly people and a real buzz, being situated at a leading genetics institution and within the Centre for Life places us at the heart of global DNA based research. The availability of high-calibre scientific and engineering researchers at the Newcastle Universities and the scope for excellent networking opportunities to develop our business internationally, were major deciding factors.”
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
1. Our revolutionary technologies are rapidly approaching commercialisation, and will have major benefits to the health of people globally. We have previously received considerable press interest for: 2. Nanomal, a FP7 European Union funded project to diagnose malaria and detect drug resistance, and 3. Q-CANCER, our tumour profiler for which we received government-backed Biomedical Catalyst funding. 4. QuantuMDx are a rapidly expanding company, have recruited heavily from the Newcastle area, and will continue to do so.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
QuantuMDx Group Ltd
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Market Keepers House, Centre for Life
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
Times Square, Scotswood Road
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
Newcastle upon Tyne
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
Medical Sciences 
3. Event Manager Surname: