17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The lecture will based on a Powerpoint/prezi presentation
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
I would like to have a lecture theatre. I am aiming to have a large audience attending to the event.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Biophotologia invites you to witness the elusive interplay between science and art by coming across their common matters of contention and working means. This lecture explores the imaginative process shared by both disciplines where the conventional frontiers between them can no longer be detected. Learn about the importance of visual arts in science by understanding complex and abstract concepts such as zoonosis, epidemics, pathology, etc., through multimedia. This presentation hallmarks the productive tension and mutual influences that arise from the constant friction between science and art as doctrines.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Interdisciplinary approaches in the field of science and art. Innovative and interactive ways to communicate science. Participation of the general public in state of the art scientific techniques.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Biophotologia currently has a collection of images and videos ready to be displayed in either scientific or artistic festivals. This initiative is willing to expand and include more scientists and artists who are willing to collaborate and explore the conflictive relationship between these two disciplines.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013