17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Three NC3Rs-funded researchers will provide 15 minute insights into three seperate technologies, an expert chairman will provide an introduction and field questions from the audience in a 20-30 minute panel session. The event will be around 1 hour 30.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Campus location, lecture theatre, audience of around 40.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
A number of different techniques are being developed to replace animals in research, but validation and widespread use by the whole scientific community takes time. Hear three NC3Rs-funded researchers describe how they are developing these techniques and applying them to their research, and discuss the benefits and pitfalls of each and the possible impacts in the future.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Maybe...This depends on the research. I hope to have a speaker with some research that is ready to release and I can update you nearer the time with details about this.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
215 Euston Road
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
020 7611 2253
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013