17. What will the format of your event be?:
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Chairs and coffee table for speakers and Chair. Projector screen for any presentaitons.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Increasing amounts of research suggests that the health, lifestyle and experiences of parents can have a significant impact on a child's later life. For example, children born during times of famine exhibit higher rates of e.g. diabetes and similarly maternal stress may influence the child's neurological development. Conversely, overeating is also likely to pass on negative metabolic effects and mild maternal stress may be necessary for optimal foetal development. A number of theories for transmission of risks are currently under debate, with factors such as nutrition, hormones and the genetic machinery implicated in various forms and combinations.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Health status of parents influences health status of child even before said child is born. How and why this comes about is under debate - possible factors include one or more from nutrition, hormones and epigenetics. Suggests that healthy intervention now can have a significant effect on the health of future generations, with broad implications for society.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
The title is a fairly poor pun on how the parent's experiences and lifestyle can affect the development of the fetus, child and adult. Perhaps the programme text could put this into context!
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Society for Endocrinology
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Unit 22 Apex Court
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
Medical Sciences 
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013