17. What will the format of your event be?:
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Projection facilities and sound system, I will be connecting an Xbox and PlayStation into the system.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
From calculating the angle that a ball bounces off a wall to modelling the frictional forces on a rally car, physics and mathematics have always played a part in the development of computer games. In recent years the drive for more realistic environments has resulted in the implementation of some quite advanced mathematical simulations in computer games and the simulation of water is a great example of this. This lecture gives a brief overview of some of the technology used to make realistic simulations in computer games and concentrates on the simulation of waves and water. It is illustrated by many demonstrations and examples.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Newcastle has a strong, but quite invisible computer games industry. The regions Universities also offer a number successful undergraduate and postgraduate specialist courses, developed to train the countries game developers.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
I have been giving talks on the physics and mathematics of computer games for many years and presented similar events in many public lectures, to large and small audiences.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Univeristy of Bradford
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
School of Computing, Informatics and Media
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
+44 (0) 1274 233894
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Sunday 8 September 2013
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013