Full day needed for this one
17. What will the format of your event be?:
Field trip or tour
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Usual fieldtrip format - quite a bit of walking required, so need the full day. We're not sure if the Romanists at Newcastle have something similar planned - let's see, but the idea is that we mix the famous Sycamore Gap with some stunning but less well known roman archaeology.
20. Venue requirements:
We'll need a bus. Can manage a large group on this one.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Come and see Hadrian’s Wall country with fresh eyes. At Warden hillfort, discover how the Romans colonised the landscape, building over iron age settlement. At Carrawburgh, visit the temple dedicated to the bull-slaying god Mithras, site of secretive rituals popular with the Roman Army. At Chesters, the first fort to be built on the Wall itself, admire the most complete set of Roman baths in Britain and study the outstanding collection of sculptures and inscriptions. Finally, visit Milecastle 39 at Castle Nick – better known to fans of ‘Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves’ as Sycamore Gap.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Quite near Newcastle
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: