17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Two talks by brilliant speakers.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Batman and the Joker have been locked in battle since 1940. These deadly enemies have survived massive social and technological change. They still represent the struggle between good and evil but does the way they are drawn mirror changing attitudes in society? How do comic books influence our view of the world, the people in it and the violence they experience? And given the popularity of comic book crimefighters, why hasn’t this inspired more real-life vigilantes and have-a-go-heroes?
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Why vigilantism isn't more common and whether it is set to increase in the future.(Pity that Bradford Batman was a few months too soon) - but can link this session to the increasing distrust in the police caused by NoTW scandal, rise in complaints against police and so on.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: