Half day 2-3 hours, eg 11am till 2pm
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Aimed to inspire and engage school students and their teachers, families and the science inclined public by bringing the excitement and fun of new science discoveries from the UK's national laboratories, Diamond, Central Laser Facility and ISIS, together in an exciting way, interactive talks by inspirational speakers, plus real objects to be seen and handled by attendees.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Lecture theatre with AV provision or equivalent to seat up to 50- 100 people can either be a city centre or campus location. The lectures will be of public interest so if in a city centre- will increase footfall.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
To highlight and raise awareness some of the latest fascinating new discoveries to show how advances in imaging and using high energy beams or waves are breathing new life into ancient bones and beasties, archaeology and developing new materials for our future using lasers and neutrons show that science is splendidly exciting. To inject prehistoric fun into physics and waves of wonder will reveal it all to you!.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Research at the University of Newcastle- Ancient biomolecules - how to make Dinosaur Soup!
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Topical Interest and inspiring New discoveries about old fossils Energy storage New ways of seeing and analysing fascinating objects non destructively using the latest imaging techniques
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We would provide bursaries for schools to send students- especially schools that may not be able to afford it from the local area.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Science and Technology Facilities Council
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
North Star Avenue
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013