17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
This particular presentation has been road-tested on a school near me as an evening event for NESW and not only was the hall crowded, but we were practically throwing people out as they continually asked questions afterwards, such was the success of this lecture.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Projector and screen compatible with iPad (with VGA adaptor), audio and a PA so I can address people.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
This will be a talk about the magical beauty and science of the aurora borealis as viewed in 2013 during solar maximum and solar grand maximum. Including time lapse footage, photos and footage of the trip to Bjorklidden, Sweden to produce a book and documentary about the aurora.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
1. Uniquely timed trip to see the aurora, being solar maximum/grand maximum. 2. The first book of its kind that we could find anywhere in Europe 3. A groundbreaking student experience, as almost all were MA students.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
I am doing this having been commissioned by the University of Central Lancashire to be part of a team which flew out to Bjorklidden, Sweden to produce a book and a documentary film about the aurora and also the trip itself. The trip is complete, with final submissions due in August for the book with a view to publishing in September, so this would be excellent timing. I stress that UCLan Publishing is a not-for-profit trust and I will not be paid royalties or monies of any kind from the proceeds of book or film sales. Any profits go towards putting underprivileged children in Kenya through school. In terms of my personal skills, I have been delivering astronomy activities, lessons and lectures for almost four years now in one form or another and I am an excellent communicator. I am able to provide to academic referees who will be able to vouch for my work, one of whom is the publishing head at UCLan, the other is head of outreach in the Department of Engineering, Computing and the Physical Sciences. They have supported me as I have delivered innovative and groundbreaking work worldwide.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
63 Sycamore Avenue
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: