17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
After the lecture we hope (as usual) to have a drinks reception, and in fact a grant has already been obtained from the IMA for this.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Close to a reception area for about 100 people, please.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
The speaker will be Prof Celia Hoyles, from the Institute of Education in London, and formerly Director of the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM). "In this talk I will present some examples from many years of research and practice of the use of digital technologies that has transformed engagement with mathematics in STEM but also more generally."
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Maths at school is relevant to every locality!
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Education is a hot topic, and will remain so for some time, because of proposed changes in GCSE and GCE maths.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Very very sorry this got forgotten. My fault!
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Math Sciences Section of the Festival
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Department of Mathematical Sciences
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
The University of Liverpool
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
0151 794 4053
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: