The British Science Festival is one of Europe's largest celebrations of science, engineering and technology, with over 250 events, activities, exhibitions and trips taking place over a week in September.
Our Festival is unique in the UK as it moves to a different location every year. In previous years it has taken place in York, Liverpool, Guildford, Aberdeen, Newcastle and in 2014 we'll be visiting Birmingham .
The programme of events offers something for everyone with activities for families and schools groups, adults looking for entertainment and stimulating debate, as well as events aimed at professionals interested in the latest research.
Within this section, you can find out about:
- Our 2014 Festival, held in Birmingham - Search the programme 
- Our Scientific Sections committee  and our commitment to new research 
- The British Science Festival Award Lecture series
- The British Science Festival highlights show, The x-change 
- Our evaluation of previous Festivals