Connect:  
The North West branch has an enthusiastic committee who put on regular events throughout the year. The jewel in our crown is the Mini-Festival, held the first weekend in October every year at Daresbury Laboratory. This is a full day of lectures, workshops and hands-on events, designed, as the name suggests, to mirror the success of the British Science Festival , albeit only for a day.
In addition to the Daresbury Mini-Festival the NW branch is the proud owner of seven SciBars.
- Knutsford  SciBar - 1st Monday of the month, 7:30pm, Knutsford Sports Club, Mereheath Lane
- Didsbury  SciBar - 3rd Monday of the month, 6:45pm. The Albert Club
- Bollington  SciBar - 2nd Monday of the month, 6:30pm, the Vale Inn
- Macclesfield  SciBar - 4th Monday of the month, 6:30pm, Park Tavern
- Chester  SciBar - last Tuesday of the month, 7:30pm, The Ship Inn, Handbridge
- Congleton  - 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:30pm, The Young Pretender
- Widnes  - 2nd Wednesday of the month, 7.30pm, Hillcrest Hotel
- Wilmslow - 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:30pm at The Old Dancer, SK9 1DR
Knutsford SciBar has developed beyond the monthly meeting and now has some fun stuff on the go: a team is designing rockets for a Pop Bottle Rocket Competition at Chester Race course; a monthly Book Reading Club which reads and discusses about 40 pages of a selected book each month; you can see poetry written about the SciBar by SciBarians including one by The Poet Laureate of Cheshire, Andrew Rudd, inspired by a previous visit to the SciBar. The poems can be read (and even watched) on the website. They also have a flourishing Discussion Group where views can be expressed and questions asked on any scientific topic outside of the meeting.
Chair/Secretary: Lorelly Wilson
Treasurer: Graham Bonwick
If you would like to support the branch and help raise some vital funds at no extra cost for you when shopping online, please visit their easyfundraising page . It’s easy, it’s free, and you will even receive vouchers and special offers! You could also support your branch by joining one of Discover Adventure 's sport fundraising challenges and/or our new recycling scheme privded by Recycling Appeal .