Over 250 researchers have taken part in the Media Fellowship  scheme since 1987.
"It was enlightening to find out what makes a story and how journalists develop stories from what they are told in press conferences. The angle they see on some of the research is certainly not what you would take away as a scientist."
Kirstin Goldring, Neuroscientist, Imperial College London (Media Fellow 2007)
The 2014 Media Fellows
The 2014 Fellows were:
- Dr Maria Dasi Espuig is a Postdoctoral Research Associate in solar physics at Imperial College. She was placed with BBC Radio and Online
- Professor Michel Destrade is Head of Applied Mathematics at NUI Galway. He was at the Irish Times
- Dr Mike Eyre is a Clinical Research Fellow at the Barts and The London School of Medicine & Dentistry Blizard Institute. He was with BBC Radio and Online
- Dr Vicky Forster is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Northern Institute for Cancer Research. She was at the Times
- Nishad Karim is a PhD student in space science and instrumentation at the University of Leicester Space Research Centre. She was at the Guardian
- Dr Rhian Meara is a Geography Lecturer at the University of Swansea. She is currently completeing a part-time placement at Telesgop.
- Dr Aditee Mitra is a Research Officer in Plankton Modelling at the Swansea University Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research. She was at BBC Countryfile
- Dr Tyler Shendruk is an EMBO Long-Term Fellow at the University of Oxford. He was at the Financial Times
- Dr Anna Simmonds is a Research Associate in Neuroscience at Imperial College. She was placed at Nature
- Dr Anna Williams is a Senior Lecturer in Forensic Science at the University of Huddersfield. She was at New Scientist
- Dr Pete Shadbolt is a Research Assistant, Imperial College London. He is currently at the Conversation part-time.
Previous years' Fellows
More on Media Fellowships