Over 250 researchers have taken part in the Media Fellowship  scheme since 1987.
"It was enlightening to find out what makes a story and how journalists develop stories from what they are told in press conferences. The angle they see on some of the research is certainly not what you would take away as a scientist."
Kirstin Goldring, Neuroscientist, Imperial College London (Media Fellow 2007)
Meet the 2014 Media Fellows
- Dr Maria Dasi Espuig is a Postdoctoral Research Associate in solar physics at Imperial College. She will be placed with BBC Radio and Online
- Professor Michel Destrade is Head of Applied Mathematics at NUI Galway. He will be placed at the Irish Times
- Dr Mike Eyre is a Clinical Research Fellow at the Barts and The London School of Medicine & Dentistry Blizard Institute. He will be placed with BBC Radio and Online
- Dr Vicky Forster is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Northern Institute for Cancer Research. She will be placed at the Times
- Nishad Karim is a PhD student in space science and instrumentation at the University of Leicester Space Research Centre. She will be placed at the Guardian
- Dr Rhian Meara is a University Teacher in Earth Sciences at the University of Glasgow. She will be placed at the Scotsman
- Dr Aditee Mitra is a Research Officer in Plankton Modelling at the Swansea University Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research. She will be placed at BBC Countryfile
- Dr Tyler Shendruk is an EMBO Long-Term Fellow at the University of Oxford. He will be placed at the Financial Times
- Dr Anna Simmonds is a Research Associate in Neuroscience at Imperial College. She will be placed at Nature
- Dr Anna Williams is a Senior Lecturer in Forensic Science at the University of Huddersfield. She will be placed at New Scientist
What is it like to be a Media Fellow?
Find out what the 2013 Media Fellows thought about their experience (and get some top tips about working with the media) in the 2013 report 'Adventures in the Media'
Have a look at who were the 2013 Media Fellows .
The 2012 Media Fellows shared their experience on their media hosts in this report:
- Jonathan Ball, one of the 2012 Media Fellows, told us all about what was it like to be a A scientist in the media .
- Watch Ling Ge's youtube video about her research and her media experience as a 2012 Media Fellow (minute 6 onwards).
Have a feel of what Media Fellows do and what they are up to now:
More on Media Fellowships