Kick Start applications for NSEW 2014 are now closed. Applicants will be notified about decisions by 29 November 2013.
The British Science Association has teamed up with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to offer a £200 grant to 500 eligible schools in the UK. Along with access to loads of free resources, activity ideas and ‘how-to’ guides, you’ll have all the tools you need to celebrate NSEW in your school.
Schools can use the grant to fund a wide range of activity, including…
- booking a science presenter
- organising a memorable science fair
- purchasing resources for cross-curricular activities
- taking a class on a trip
…and much more!
To be eligible, schools must have either:
a) A high proportion of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds;
b) Have a high proportion of pupils eligible for free school meals; and/or
c) Be a small school in a remote and rural location.
How to apply
Applying is quick and easy with our online form!
1. Please download and read the grant guidelines carefully
2. Download a copy of the application questions to help you prepare your answers
(please note: you need to be logged in to our website in order to download the guidelines and questions)
3. Complete the online application form by clicking on this link 
Please note: You need to be logged into our website in order to download the documents below
Applications open: 6th September 2013
Application deadline: 17th November 2013 - midnight
NSEW Team: 020 7019 4963