The British Science Festival student bursary scheme, now in its 15th year, offers an outstanding opportunity for students to broaden their horizons, meet leading scientists and speakers, engage in debate and discussion about the impact of science in society and enjoy the atmosphere of an event that is extensively covered in the media.
Universitities, learned societies and organisations have the opportunity to sponsor students who are above the age of eighteen and are studying at any level, to attend the Festival's full programme of events from the 6th - 11th of September.
Bursaries can be ordered via our online s tudent bursary order form .
Please note, bursaries must be ordered online by the sponsoring organisation before the 14th of July 2014.
British Science Festival: Birmingham 2014 student bursary information:
Each bursary costs £370 and the package includes:
- Accommodation for 7 nights (Friday 5 – Thursday 11 September 2014)
- Student social, usually held on the first night, this is the opportunity for students from different universities to get to know each other
- Meals will be provided for the week (mainly as food vouchers to be redeemed on campus)
- Free tickets to a selection of pay for events (events will differ for each student)
- Opportunities to get involved with other Festival activities including press office shadowing, science communication experience and competition judging.
Each institution or company can purchase either one or a number of the bursary packages. Please note that travel expenses to and from the Festival are not covered by the bursary.
"The student bursary scheme was worth it. It gives students the opportunity to attend the festival, participate in workshops, talks and debates, and enable us to have a grasp of current research in science and leave us with the challenge to further our studies and become eminent scientists and speakers in the future." Bursary student - Aberdeen 2012
To request more information or to discuss any questions about our student bursary scheme, please contact Elizabeth Baxter . T:020 7019 4951