17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
I think it's important to discuss the Outbreaks from my perspective but also to get an appreciation of what the public think/do in preventing infectious diseases. People are very bespoke in what they consider as risk.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
The outbreak management of infectious diseases is critical for health protection. As pathogens evolve, it is important to consider the core components of effective outbreak management, which are underpinned by the classic epidemiological factors of time, place and person. This presentation will focus on how outbreaks are managed at the national level and give a number of topical examples. The unique aspects of problem pathogens will be discussed and salient public health messages will be conveyed.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
UK-wide Cryptosporidium outbreak affected some individuals in Newcastle.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
The Press do not understand IDs or their management - this will be of interest to them because of the fright factors associated with IDs i.e. feeling of dread, affect children, not well understood etc. Outbreaks sell papers.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
None but I will make it fun and people will think twice about swimming pools.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Health Protection Scotland
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5 Cadogan Street
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
Medical Sciences 
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013