Approx. 4 hours
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Rolling drop in Event - Interactive exhibition plus talking through some findings visual images etc whilst parents/families wait to take part in the interactive hands/on part.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Might need quite a large space. I’d like to have room to share the space with either Percy Hedley Foundation or Newcastle City Council.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
In this event I will use video to capture moments of interaction between parents and children and then edit the footage on the stand to find clips of attuned interactions between them. I will then show these moments back to them giving an opportunity to see how successfully they attune to each other using subtle movements, verbal and non-verbal cues. Each session will last around 12 minutes. A colour printer on site will be used to print off still images of a moment of highly attuned interaction for the family members to keep as a reminder of their encounter with Education at Northumbria University.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
YES – most things related to families/children and communication with technology attracts press interest. Parent child relationships can be helped using video replay – spot the signs of success and the waves of connection between you and your child.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Submitted by Alex Robson on behalf of Deborah James
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013