17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Theatre event for families/schools, making its premier at the Festival before going out on UK tour. Full theatre production - cast of five/six plus audio/visual support. Aimed at around 2hrs including interval
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Theatre with full sound, lighting and projection systems. The technical side of the production is quite demanding (one of the cast travels into space inside a thought-bubble...!) so requires significant technical support. Audience capacity of around 300-600.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Adaptation for the theatre of Professor Russell Stannard's best-selling book for children about Albert Einstein's Gedanken experiments. Exploring Einstein’s Theory of Relativity with adventure and clarity; why you can’t break the ultimate speed barrier, how to become older than your mother, put on weight without getting fat and live forever without even knowing it. The deep mysteries of Time and Space presented through a theatre production involving a flying thought-bubble, a talking space ship and complex theories presented in a clear, fun and memorable way to a young audience.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Theatre premier prior to UK tour Best-selling book adapted for the stage Original book still on some school/curriculum reading lists Theatre as powerful educational tool and means of explaining highly complex Einstein theories.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
The production team behind this event have many years' experience of theatre work with and for young people. The production will be subject to a series of development workshops through the summer term in a school in the South West so that it is ready for the national theatre tour commencing with the Festival dates.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
52 Gwilliam Street
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013