17. What will the format of your event be?:
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
I'd like to come back to this. If possible the Literary and Philosophical Society would be a good location given its role as a meeting place of people who built the city. Location would have to be city centre.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
As scientific endeavour in digital and creative fields squeeze the margins - understanding how the print media organisations that are growing are reacting to this will hold lessons for various industries and sectors in how to adapt to disruptive technologies. The core message of this event is that disruptive technologies hold opportunities for those doing the disrupting, but also those that adapt to the changes to consolidate and grow their own businesses.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
There is significant importance in ensuring a legacy from the BSF in Newcastle. This is not just in interest from people in science - but in promoting the city's (and region's) strengths in this area. Inviting editors of growing publications - often of significant influence to business - to speak at an event of this sort will also enable us to work on a legacy that will include promoting the event itself in their publications.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
The fact it's the press that are giving lessons - particularly - if we can get them, the editorial team responsible for one of the print publications that is growing faster than any of its peers and has occupied a niche in the market.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
This is something the City Council consider will be of particular use to us as a co-sponsor.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
Newcastle City Council
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
Newcastle upon Tyne
7. Event Manager Postcode:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: