open for 3 full days: 10am-5pm
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The exhibition might involve some hands-on activities related to e.g. electric car or electric bike. The exhibition space will be open to the public for 3 days and researchers will work on shifts in order to explain the research to the visitors.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
We would like to adapt ground floor of Devonshire Building at Newcastle University for the Transport Science Space. There is a driving simulator in the building already, there is an electric car charging point just behind the building and there should be enough space to accommodate all our interactive exhibitions. Alternatively Great North Museum (1st floor) would be also good.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Transport Science Space will accommodate transportShowcase – an exhibition of transport projects that Newcastle University is involved in, where results of research carried at the university will be presented, e.g. electric bikes, solar plane, electric vehicles, railway cab, pollution sensors and other interactive displays. Researchers will be available to explain the projects and talk to the visitors about the research.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
The exhibition will highlight transport research projects carried out at Newcastle University.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
- electric cars - electric bikes - railway research - sustainability
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We were promised to get some funding for the event from Newcastle University. We might also find some additional sources of funding. In addition, this event will be accompanied by some hands-on activities for school children and proposal for this (YPP) will be put around Christmas.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
NewRail hub, NewRail, Stephenson Building
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
Claremont Road, Newcastle University
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
Newcastle upon Tyne
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
0191 222 8584
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013