Depends on the artwork, some 24 hour, others after dark
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The installation and sculptures will be viewed 24 hour, the performances will have specific times and the video will be after dark.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
We would like to discuss the exact locations with the festival, but would like to make a link between the shopping area and the science festival venues.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Invisible Dust will produce a series of high profile science based public artworks, including installation, sculpture, digital, video and performances located along St Mary’s Place, Barras Bridge (park by the Civic Centre) and Northumberland St exploring extreme weather, flooding, coastal erosion, ancient lakes and ice cores, and sea levels rising connected to Climate Change. Partners include the Great North Run, Newcastle City Council, Woodhorn Museum and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Scientists collaborating with artists include the British Antarctic Survey with its current expedition to Lake Ellsworth involving Northumbria University and Tyndall Newcastle. Fundraising £50,000 including Arts Council England.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Coastal erosion at South Shields and the flooding of the Tyne. Also Northumbria scientists involved in BAS expedition.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
1. Invisible Dust strong track record on press coverage: Time Out, The Guardian and the Huffington Post in the past year. 2. Topical and controversial theme. 3. Connection with local environment link with coastal erosion or flooding story. 4. Quality and profile of artists and scientists.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We would like to work with the BSA in producing a programme of artworks based on the science which excite, illuminate and attract a growing public audience to the Festival. One idea is of a digital artwork with the possibility of being on the BSF13 website and ensure interesting promotion through social media. We also have good links to the BALTIC and the Northern Stage and would hope to create marketing opportunities with them.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
3 Bradbury street
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013
Sunday 8 September 2013
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013