17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Teams of researchers will have produced a visual representation of their idea which is displyed on a trade fair stand open to the public.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
This has previously taken place in the Great North Museum: Hancock. It needs lots of indoor space.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
ACTION is a 9-month programme for staff and student researchers to develop their entrepreneurial skills and develop solutions to real societal challenges. During the ACTION programme, postgraduate research students and research staff engage within interdisciplinary teams to create a commercial product or service. The training element consists of a two-day residential followed by a series of 1-day workshops. At the public showcase teams display their commercial solution to the posed challenge and are judged on their ability to engage the audience with their idea and interact with the public.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
It will demonstrate to the public the benefits to society of the research talent at Newcastle University.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We have been in discussion with Kate Hudson and Rose Wu regarding the event.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
SAgE Faculty Office
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
Newcastle upon Tyne
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Monday 9 September 2013
Tuesday 10 September 2013
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013