17. What will the format of your event be?:
Centre for Life - senior lab
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Yoghurt compaies tell us that their yoghurt is wonderful because it contains Lactobacilus bifidus but is this true? Participants will learn the basic microbiological techniques and use Life's class set of Zeiss research microscopes to discover whether products live up to manufacturers claims.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Past research shows that most bacteria in yoghurt are Cocci sp and that the majority of bacilli are not the distinctive B. bifidus. We want to rock the boat and make sure yoghurt producers sell the product they advertise. We have plans to publicize the results if we find that the yughurts fail to come up to spec.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Can be run multiple times
I am the event manager:
I am not the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: