17. What will the format of your event be?:
Centre for Life - senior lab
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
Using modern techniques to discover how Mammoths fit into the into the elephant family tree. Includes a chance to handle real mammouth fossils. Uses DNA fingerprinting in this hands on workshops.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
The North Sea was once much shallower and the grazing ground for Mammouths. North sea trawlers regularly bring up mammoth fossils although this workshop relies on material collected from the permafrost speciments where the skin and muscle are preserved.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Everyone loves mammoths and this workshop proves that they are a lot closer to us than most people think
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
This wotrkshop could be repeated if there is sufficient demand.
I am the event manager:
I am not the event manager
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: