17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The work will be delivered in the form of 60-90 mins workshop/talk. It will include the presentation, animation, video demonstrating, (hardware) portable device demonstration, prototype displaying, quiz, Q&A.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
The research area is visible light communications where the next generation of light source, known as light-emitting-diode (LED), is used in both general indoor illumination and data communications. The work presenting in the Newcastle British Science Festival 2013 will lead the audience through the history of lighting to the era of light-based communications. Nowadays the emerging light-based communications well incorporates in many forms such as indoor lighting, mobile-phone and organic-based communications. The talk will bring the state-of-the-art techniques and visualise the future of practical light-based communications.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
This proposal may be appropriate for the main programme but this event could also take place at somewhere like the Discovery Museum of CfL. The exact audience level is tbc. This proposal has been submitted centrally by ALex Robson at Northumbria University on behalf of Hoa Le-Minh.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: