17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
This event could be presented as a demo lecture or a hands on workshop.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
For a workshop a seminar room is required with space for 30-40 people and desk space for people to work at. For a demo lecture a lecture theatre or class room would be appropriate.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
40 years ago a group of chemists are the University of Hull synthesised some molecules that kick started a multi-billion pound international industry. These molecules were a revolutionary type of liquid crystal that made flat screens in early calculators to modern tablet computers possible. The proposed workshop/lecture will present a hands on experience that explains the science , the history and the future of liquid crystals and how they infiltrated our homes, pockets and offices.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
2013 is the anniversary of the invention of a revolutionising technology that we all use. The work occurred in the NE of England and has world wide impact.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Anniversary of ground breaking UK innovation.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
University of Hull
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Dept. of Chemistry
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
University of Hull
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: