17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Introductory talk using film clips to illustrate learning points followed by a experiential workshop in which participants experience hearing voices and talking to someone who is hearing voices (simulated). Use of a novel video teaching resource where they can see what it is like to talk to someone hearing voices and then experience the same interview from the perspective of someone hearing voices.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
We don’t presently have a specific venue in mind although University Netskills facility or similar would be fine. It would need to be in a place where participants could sit and watch a didactic talk and be able to move chairs around into groups and then ideally iPads or laptops/computers to allow them to interact with the video content.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
This session would aim to introduce participants to the patient’s experience of hearing voices and build an understanding of how this experience affects thinking and interaction with others. It will cover the science behind the psychopathology of hearing voices and the practical implications of living with the symptom. It will take a workshop format where groups of participants will be able to experience trying to hold a conversation with one individual who is hearing voices, and to view and interact with multimedia teaching resources.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
Only in the sense that a large proportion of the local population will experience mental health problems at some time in their life, otherwise it is universal rather than local.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Thank you Farah, I have made the suggested changes. Brian
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
School of Medical Sciences Education Development
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
The Medical School, Framlington Place
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
0191 246 8610
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
Medical Sciences 
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Thursday 12 September 2013