17. What will the format of your event be?:
20. Venue requirements:
Cadaveric materials are not normally available for public teaching
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
This session offers members of the public and young people a chance to experience the world of how doctors and healthcare workers learn anatomy and clinical skills in order to diagnose and treat patients. This session uses cadavers and simulators such as mannequins, medical imaging and video to teach basic anatomy and methods of diagnosing disease.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
The north east is world renowned for cutting edge medical techniques such as heart transplant and stem cell and aging research. Participants will be introduced to how we educate doctors, healthcare teams and researchers, and see where they started their clinical and scientific careers.
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
We prefer not – due to the sensitive nature of the content.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We could run this on Saturday, Sunday or both, please advise. We would need to limit this to 40 people at a time – can they book in advance ? Participants will not, at the end of this, be qualified as a health care professional.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Anatomy and Clinical Skills
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
The Medical School, Framlington Place
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
Medical Sciences 
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013
Sunday 8 September 2013