Extended exhibition highlighted by special events.
17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The main event for the campaign will be an extended exhibition of photos. These photos will be collected from North-East/UK based scientists, these will demonstrate the variety within the scientific community. To complement this exhibition, an evening of talks from scientists and a fancy dress day time activity for children will also take place where kids can dress up as scientists from Albert Einstein to Bobak Ferdowsi.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Exhibition requires a gallery space which will also be used for the talks. The kids fancy dress would be ideally located in a festival like tent in an area of high footfall and good festival atmosphere.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
'This is what a scientist looks like' aims to dispel the stereotypical image of scientists and demonstrate the huge diversity present within the scientific population. The event will launch this as a UK campaign in parallel to the established US campaign.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
15. If so, please indicate what this is:
The diversity of the scientific population will be demonstrated using examples from the Newcastle and North-East scientific community.
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Launch of a new campaign. Engaging a wide audience in challenging stereotypes.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013
Sunday 8 September 2013