For National Science & Engineering Week 2014 we generated a wave of inspiring science demonstrations in UK secondary schools with the first national Demo Day on 20 March 2014. See the pledge map of teachers and technicians who participated!
The excellent resources that were created for Demo Day can still be used by teachers and technicians! They include:
Demo: The Movie
This 30-minute film follows science teacher Alom Shaha as he goes on a journey to explore the use of demonstrations in science teaching. The film tells an interesting story and aims to encourage secondary science teachers to think about how and why they use demonstrations in their teaching.
Free demo videos & written guides
As part of NSEW 2013, teachers and technicians nominated their favourite video demonstrations, and our judges chose the best six to be turned into video guides with accompanying written guides.
The movie and demonstration videos and guides are all available in the National STEM Centre eLibrary collection .
Additional existing online video resources for great practical demonstration ideas
- Practical biology , a partnership between the Society of Biology  and the Nuffield Foundation
- Practical physics , a partnership between the Institute of Physics  and the Nuffield Foundation
- Royal Society of Chemistry 
- RI channel 
- The Association for Science Education (ASE )
- The Institution of Chemical Engineers WhyNotChemEng 
If you have questions or comments, please get in touch: email@example.com 
Prizes sponsored by: