17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Several short performances of approx ten minutes each, followed by Q&A with the audience enabling audience members to reflect on what they have seen and engage with current research into the popularisation of science and technology in the past.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
We need a venue that we can customise as far as possible to create an old-fashioned feel - so not a newly refurbished lecture hall.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
We bring genuine Victorian science shows to life for today's audience. This is based on a combination of the latest research into Victorian popular science, combined with training in performance skills. Through the performance, we invite audiences to reflect on Victorian attitudes to technology, science, society and progress, and on how these compare to attitudes today.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
We would like to run the event twice - once for adults and teenagers (12+) and a separate performance for schools audiences - this will be a different version, adapted to younger audience members and tailored to the curriculum.
2. Event Manager First Name:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: