17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Show is usually presented by 2 presenters. Huw James and Julie Gould.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Approximate requirements for space: 6 meter by 3 meter stage space Number of tables to be provided (please let us know if you can bring your own): 2 Access to electricity: Y Data projector: Y Wall space: Y Please provide details of any additional requirements: Projector Screen and Speakers
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
An interactive water based extreme sports show produced by the same team that brought you the popular science of Extreme Sports Show thats been seen by tens of thousands of people across the globe. The pure act of putting humans in or on the water needs science, engineering and technology. In this high paced show designed by Ed Ex and ex commonwealth swimmer Julie Gould, we explore the science behind these water sports. From the crushing pressures of SCUBA Diving, to the speed and Inertia of Wakeboarding. We take a thrill ride into the mathematics of Sailing, the physiology of Open Water Swimming and down the cold white waters of some of the biggest rivers, looking at the fluid dynamics of the rivers that RiverBoarders have to deal with! Join us on this wet and wild adventure and see this brilliantly produced presenter led show that will hopefully make you an Extreme Scientist too!
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Science of Extreme Sports always gets good press. Could visit a local sporting venue with journalists.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
Flexible quote comes in as: £810 inc VAT for 1 shows per day if this is the only event including travel. Quote is flexible based on the team doing other events at the festival and also the number of days the event runs. This is the highest possible cost, we hope to work with the BSF team to bring this down, we value the importance of the Science Festival to do good work and endeavor to support this through helping the festival afford more events.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
To the Blue
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
Norfolk House - Office 8
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
57-59 Charles Street
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013
Sunday 8 September 2013