The North East Science Alliance (NESA) is a networking initiative comprising quarterly informal meetings and information mailings. It has been running now for over 4 years and in mid-2011 had a membership of almost 200 individuals representing over 100 different organizations.
Click here  for details of upcoming meetings.
Click here  for details of past events.
The aims of the NESA are:
- to promote public dialogue about science in its broadest sense
- to raise the profile of public engagement activities in North East England
- to encourage the co-ordination of public engagement activities in North East England
- to promote collaboration in accessing funding, staging activities and making the most of all of our resources to maximize public engagement with science
- The NESA is aimed at all people working to engage the public with science. This includes audiences of all ages and engagement aimed at promoting science because it’s interesting as well as more skills driven activities. Therefore membership of the alliance is open to practitioners, businesses, academics, science communication practitioners, educational establishments, industry etc.
Meetings of the NESA will be held quarterly and follow an informal format of short presentations, buffet and drinks and lots of time for networking. Each meeting will be located in a different part of the region in order to be available to everyone.
As a member of the NESA you will be able to attend the quarterly meetings, give presentations and share information as well as taking advantage of this excellent networking opportunity.
The presentations are included to:
- share good practice;
- disseminate tips e.g. on gaining publicity or fundraising;
- raise awareness of new schemes;
- call for collaborations.
We ask you to get in touch if you would like to present at any meetings or informally let the alliance know about new developments. The NESA will also welcome offers to host future meetings.
Please mention the NESA to any of your contacts who you feel would benefit from the meetings.
NESA membership is free and open to anyone working to engage the public with science. Members keep in touch via the NESA Google Group  which is used to share information about meetings, projects, events and discuss the issues of the day.